Fuel for School: stopping hunger from being a barrier to learning in schools
#FuelforSchool is a collaboration between Richmond Hill Primary School and The Real Junk Food Project to stop hunger being a barrier to learning in schools. All 600 pupils at Richmond Hill are provided with breakfast each morning. Children start their day in school with toast and a drink using wasted food that would have been destined for landfill.
The Fuel for School campaign highlights the importance of reducing wasted food and the importance eating breakfast.
Fuel for School:
- Removes hunger as a barrier to learning and improves outcomes for children
- Enables schools to provide children and families with access to food on a Pay As You Feel basis
- Provides training for school based staff
- Highlights global food waste issues
- Educates children about healthy eating
- 3818 Likes