Terms and conditions
THE SMALL PRINT
Apparently if we were to have read every term and condition we’ve ever accepted, we would have spent 7 years of our lives reading. We know most of you won’t read this, so please trust us that we’re not doing anything dodgy with your details, or your cookies, but for those of you who want the particulars, here you are.
The Leon Foundation is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
If you have any questions about our privacy, our terms and conditions or any part of our website, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO MANAGES THIS WEBSITE
The What Works Well website is brought to you by The School Food Plan, acting on behalf of the Leon Foundation of St Margaret’s House, Southwark Street, London SE1 1TJ, registered charity number 08312816.
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice and will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
1. When you subscribe to the School Food Plan mailing list, we ask for your name and email address.
2. When you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. We will only contact you with your consent. We only use your personal information to reply to you or to keep you updated about the School Food Plan and What Works Well. We will never sell or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
4. We may store details of your visit to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage, other communication data and any content that you access.
5. We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. Only statistical information is recorded and will not be linked with any personal information.
6. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with the UK data protection legislation. Our data controller is the Leon Foundation of St. Margaret's House, 18-20 Southward Street, London SE1 1TJ with registered charity number 08312816.
7. You can unsubscribe from the School Food Plan mailing list at any time.
8. Whilst we have no immediate plan to do so, by using the website you are authorising us to transfer the data we collect from you to, and store at, a destination outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
9. We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
10. We may use the information held about you to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and to notify you about changes to our service.
11. We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure to track patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit our websites. You can set your browser to prevent this happening. Any information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you change your browser settings. We will seek your consent prior to using cookies. Please let us know if you want to withdraw your consent at any time.
12. We use information from cookies for purposes which may include identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers, eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details, identifying which users have already voted or ‘liked’ a particular piece of content, and enabling you to move more easily around our sites and applications.
13. Please get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com if you want to access the information we hold about you.
14. We may update this policy from time-to-time. When we do, we will post the new policy on this page and change the date at the top of this policy.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS. Your access to and use of www.schoolfoodplan.com and any other domain registered to the Leon Foundation and its affiliates (“Website”) is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. By submitting content (photos, videos, PDFs, written content, diagrams, processes, etc.) to the What Works Well website, you affirm that you own the full rights or have the permission to use and share the content (for any content not currently in the public domain) including but not limited to: images of individuals, ideas, concepts, and verbiage. You further affirm that you grant permission to the administrators of the School Food Plan and the What Works Well website to share, reuse, and reproduce your content for the purposes of sharing successful programmes and practices with the community of professionals accessing the What Works Well website. You further affirm that the requisite parental permissions are in place for any images of children that you submit.
3. CHANGES TO WEBSITE. We reserve the right to change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you acknowledge that Leon shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
4. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and the Leon Foundation accepts no responsibility for any part of these websites or associated companies.
5. ACCESS TO WEBSITE. We want you to be able to access our website as often as you would like in as many ways as possible. However, we cannot be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. The website may be suspended temporarily or permanently at any time and without notice but we hope that this is never the case.
7. VISITOR CONDUCT. We expect that you’ll respect the Leon Foundation, the School Food Plan, and What Works Well, our team and other visitors to our website and we take breaches of this really seriously. You are prohibited from acting in a way, which includes posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material, that is:
• Threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminator, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience
• For which you have not obtained all necessary approvals
• Technically harmful (including without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data, or other malicious software or harmful data)
15. MODERATION. The administrators of the What Works Well website reserve the right to hold back for publication or withdraw at any time any content which they deem to be unsuitable for the website, or offensive or inappropriate for any reason to any member of our known or supposed audience. Content submitted to this website should be free of prejudice based on, or intent to offend against, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or any unique or special interest group. Content that passes initial approval and is posted may subsequently be subjected to further review or scrutiny and may be removed at any time at the discretion of the site administrators.
9. DISCLAIMER. While every care is taken with the information on the Website, we do not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions on the Website. We may make changes to the Material on the Website. The Material on the Website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such Material. The Material on the Website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with the Website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms.
10. LIABILITY. You agree that you use the Website entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility whatsoever, and hereby exclude to the fullest extent permissible by law, liability for any loss or damage which may be caused to you, your computer equipment or to any third party by using the Website, save to the extent that any person suffers death or personal injury as a result of our negligence. We are not responsible for any loss or damage caused by the temporary interruption of this site due to faults or circumstances outside our control. Under no circumstances will the administrators of the School Food Plan and the What Works Well website be liable to pay for any indirect, incidental, consequential, or perceived damages or loss of any kind (including but not limited to that of finances, physical property, or reputation) that are related directly or indirectly to the sharing of content on the What Works Well website or elsewhere.
11. JURISDICTION. Our Terms and Conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.